Turkey Loaf Recipe
Looking for a healthy main dish that doesn't take up a lot of kitchen time? Consider this moist loaf made with ground turkey. When Janet Crowell serves it at her San Antonio, Texas table, it always gets thumbs-up approval. A jar of fat-free gravy streamlines the preparation.
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free turkey gravy, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with gravy. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 207 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Turkey Loaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC