Turkey Lo Mein Stir Fry Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-2/3 cups julienned sweet red, yellow and/or green peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in batches in 1 tablespoon hot oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry peppers and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and stir-fry sauce; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain linguine; add to turkey mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 287 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 771 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer