- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, carrots, onion and garlic powder in oil until turkey is no longer pink. Break noodles. Add noodles, contents of seasoning packets and water to turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add cabbage, peas and soy sauce; cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender and noodles are tender, about 1 minute. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Turkey Lo Mein
Sort By :
So simple and easy to make. Delisious!!!
This is so quick and delicious. I buy the pre-shredded carrots and a bag of cole slaw mix in the produce section. What could be easier? I also omit the oil. The turkey browns nicely without it.