Turkey Lime Kabobs
My husband loves to grill these deliciously different turkey kabobs, and everyone gets a kick out of the zingy taste from the limes and jalapenos. Its tongue-tingling combination of flavors makes this one company dish that always draws compliments.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 20 Min.
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups lime juice
- 1 cup honey
- 4 to 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless turkey, chicken or pork, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 4 medium sweet red or green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 3 medium limes, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half of marinade
- into a large resealable plastic bag; add meat and turn to coat. Pour
- remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag. Add
- vegetables and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or
- overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade
- for basting. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate meat,