Turkey Lime Kabobs Recipe
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups lime juice
- 1 cup honey
- 4 to 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless turkey, chicken or pork, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 4 medium sweet red or green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 3 medium limes, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add meat and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag. Add vegetables and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate meat, vegetables and lime wedges.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 10-12 minutes or until meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Lime Kabobs in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p27
Reviews for Turkey Lime Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 21, 2013
"The family loved it"