Well-seasoned turkey legs and tender veggies make this meal ideal for a crisp fall day. Moist and satisfying, the recipe from Rick and Vegas Pearson of Cadillac, Michigan couldn't be more comforting!
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Place drumsticks over vegetables. Sprinkle with the seasoned salt, thyme, parsley and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 5-1/2 hours or until turkey is tender. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Leg Pot Roast in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p52
Reviews for Turkey Leg Pot Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review