Turkey in Mushroom Sauce
If you like a traditional turkey dinner for Thanksgiving but don't like all the fuss, here's a recipe that fills the bill. It's easy to make and tastes very good.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 turkey thighs (4 to 5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Add turkey, one piece at a time; dredge or shake to coat.
- In a skillet, brown turkey in oil. Add mushrooms, onions and thyme.
- Combine the broth and tomato paste until smooth; pour over turkey.
- Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until the turkey juices run
- clear; skim fat. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil).
- Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 464 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 1,252 mg sodium,