Turkey in Mushroom Sauce Recipe
If you like a traditional turkey dinner for Thanksgiving but don't like all the fuss, here's a recipe that fills the bill. It's easy to make and tastes very good.
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 turkey thighs (4 to 5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add turkey, one piece at a time; dredge or shake to coat.
- In a skillet, brown turkey in oil. Add mushrooms, onions and thyme. Combine the broth and tomato paste until smooth; pour over turkey.
- Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until the turkey juices run clear; skim fat. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey in Mushroom Sauce in Country Extra November 1996, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey in Mushroom Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Condiments >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Tomato Sauce Recipes >