Turkey in Curry Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour to form a smooth paste. Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cream and curry; mix well. Add turkey; heat through. Stir in pimientos. Serve over rice; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 456 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 692 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey in Curry Sauce
"I found the sauce part of the recipe to be too thin - kind of like soup, so I would recommend using a bit more flour if you like a thicker sauce. I used canned chicken which made it a fairly easy recipe to make."