This recipe is a delicious fall entree with a hint of curry flavor and crunchy nuts. You can whip up this main dish in just minutes using leftover turkey.—Lucile H. Proctor, Panguitch, Utah
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour to form a smooth paste. Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cream and curry; mix well. Add turkey; heat through. Stir in pimientos. Serve over rice; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey in Curry Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p11
Reviews for Turkey in Curry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2010
"I found the sauce part of the recipe to be too thin - kind of like soup, so I would recommend using a bit more flour if you like a thicker sauce. I used canned chicken which made it a fairly easy recipe to make."