Turkey in Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups white wine or chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 turkey breast tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, onion, garlic and bay leaves. Combine rosemary and pepper; rub over turkey. Place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until turkey is tender.
- 2. Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain and skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine the cornstarch, cream and salt until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 205 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Turkey in Cream Sauce
"This was absolutely fabulous!!! I used 3 turkey legs and cooked 8 hours. Almost fell of the bone. after taking meat off bone, returned to gravy after adding milk and cornstarch. Ended up in microwave 2 minutes to thicken a little more. A great way to prepare the tastebuds for Thanksgiving :)"
"This is wonderful. I use chicken breast instead of turkey. I also add mushrooms."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.