Turkey in a Pot Recipe
- 1 boneless turkey breast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. Place the turkey skin side up in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, apple juice, vinegar, garlic, mustard, cinnamon, cloves and allspice; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Remove turkey to a cutting board; keep warm. Strain cooking juices. In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir in strained juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve with sliced turkey. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 168 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer