Turkey Hero Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, split lengthwise
- Shredded lettuce
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the first four ingredients until smooth. Spread on both cut surfaces of bread. Layer lettuce, turkey, cheese and tomatoes on bottom half of bread. Top with the other half. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 467 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Hero
"This is a good, but not great sandwich. If I make it again, I will use provolone cheese as the combo of the Swiss with the dressing was a little overpowering."