Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana heartily recommends this mild-tasting hash. "It's a deliciously different use for leftover turkey," she assures.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, turkey, salt if desired, cayenne and nutmeg. Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Hash in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p53
Reviews for Turkey Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2015
"The potatoes seemed to overtake the other ingredients. Since I added no salt--per doctor's instructions--the hash was tasteless."