Turkey Ham Loaf Recipe
This flavorful recipe from Mary Stretchbery produces two moist ham loaves that are topped with a sweet homemade sauce. "I sometimes serve one loaf and freeze individual slices of the other," she pens from Weston, Ohio. "The slices are great for fast sandwiches at lunchtime."
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 pounds fully cooked smoked turkey ham, ground
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cracker crumbs, salt and allspice. Crumble turkey ham and turkey over mixture; mix well. Pat into two ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; place half in a freezer container. Cover and freeze one loaf and container of sauce for up to 2 months. Pour about 1/2 cup of remaining sauce over the second loaf. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Baste with remaining sauce. Bake 35-45 minutes longer or until meat thermometer reads 165°. Drain.To use frozen ham loaf and sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight; bake as directed.
- To use frozen ham loaf and sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight; bake as directed. Yield: 2 loaves (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Turkey Ham Loaf in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p64
Reviews for Turkey Ham Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review