Turkey Gyros Recipe
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free Greek seasoning
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Finely chop one-third of the cucumber; place in a small bowl. Toss with sour cream, onion, dill and lemon juice. Thinly slice remaining cucumber.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with Greek seasoning.
- 3. Serve turkey, tomato and sliced cucumber on pita breads. Top with lettuce, cheese and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 gyro equals 328 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.