- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free Greek seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Finely chop a third of the cucumber. For sauce, mix sour cream, onion, dill, lemon juice and chopped cucumber. Thinly slice remaining cucumber.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute turkey until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in Greek seasoning. Serve turkey, lettuce, tomato and sliced cucumber on pitas; top with sauce and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Gyros
"I really like gyros and this was a good recipe. I couldn't find Greek seasoning, so I used a savory seasoning. I also had a hard time finding turkey tenderloin, so I used cooked turkey breast. It was still very good and I loved the cucumber sauce."
"Very good! Nice flavors."