Turkey Gumbo in a Jiffy Recipe
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 194 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 888mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Turkey Gumbo in a Jiffy
"My family loved it! I added some Spicy V-8 instead of water and some diced chicken breast. Threw all the ingredients into a crock pot and dinner was ready when we got home! I also had Louisiana Hot Sauce available on the table for those who like it a bit hotter. We make this recipe all the time ;)"