Turkey Gumbo in a Jiffy Recipe
Gumbo is usually a dish which takes a long time to prepare but this recipe makes it speedy and easy. It is very flavorful and is sure to be a favorite.—Amy Flack, Homer City, Pennsylvania
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 194 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 888 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC