Turkey Gouda Club
“With this recipe, two can enjoy the taste of something new and elegant in minutes,” says Karen Harris of Castle Rock, Colorado. “All you need to add is the ambiance for a bistro meal at home.”—Karen Harris, Castle Rock, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed and toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/4 pound shaved deli hickory smoked turkey
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic powder
- and pepper. Spread two slices of toast with butter; layer with the
- cheese mixture, turkey, tomato, avocado and romaine. Top with
- remaining toast. Cut each sandwich in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Pepper Jack Turkey Club: Substitute 1/2 cup shedded pepper Jack cheese for the smoked Gouda.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 495 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,013 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 28 g protein.