Turkey Gouda Club Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed and toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/4 pound shaved deli hickory smoked turkey
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 romaine leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic powder and pepper. Spread two slices of toast with butter; layer with the cheese mixture, turkey, tomato, avocado and romaine. Top with remaining toast. Cut each sandwich in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Pepper Jack Turkey Club: Substitute 1/2 cup shedded pepper Jack cheese for the smoked Gouda.
1 each: 495 calories, 30g fat (10g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1013mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 28g protein.