Whenever I roast turkey, my family never grumbles about the leftovers because they know I'll be making these delicious sandwiches. I've been serving them for 25 years now, and they still look forward to them!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 slices cooked turkey breast
- 12 slices tomato
- 12 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, halved, cooked and drained
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado; add lemon juice, mayonnaise, sour
- cream and hot pepper sauce. Spread over muffin halves; top with
- turkey, tomato, cheese and bacon. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-4
- minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 562 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 1,062 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 44 g protein.