Turkey Gobble-Up Recipe
Whenever I roast turkey, my family never grumbles about the leftovers because they know I'll be making these delicious sandwiches. I've been serving them for 25 years now, and they still look forward to them!
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 slices cooked turkey breast
- 12 slices tomato
- 12 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, halved, cooked and drained
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado; add lemon juice, mayonnaise, sour cream and hot pepper sauce. Spread over muffin halves; top with turkey, tomato, cheese and bacon. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Gobble-Up in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p79
Reviews for Turkey Gobble-Up(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review