Turkey Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups water
- 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken base
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add carrots; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in water, chicken base and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add gnocchi. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until gnocchi float. Stir in turkey, peas and pepper; heat through. Top servings with cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups soup with 4 teaspoons cheese equals 307 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Gnocchi Soup
"Very good. Make again."
"I decided to use chicken broth instead of water and chicken base. I also used frozen mix of peas, corn, carrots, and green beans. Probably won't make it again. It was just average."
"Wonderful idea! Loved it. Tried this with both turkey and rotisserie chicken, both great. I slightly decreased the garlic and added a few extra veggies (celery and fresh spinach). I am adding it to my regular winter recipe menu."