Turkey Gnocchi Soup
While trying to find a creative use for leftover turkey, we decided to add gnocchi instead of noodles. My 8-year-old daughter always asks for more. If you don't have leftover turkey, a rotisserie chicken works just as well. —Amy Babines, Virginia Beach, VA
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups water
- 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken base
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add carrots; cook and
- stir 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- Stir in water, chicken base and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until
- gnocchi float. Stir in turkey, peas and pepper; heat through. Top
- servings with cheese. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups soup with 4 teaspoons cheese equals 307 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,