Turkey Garden Medley Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 small yellow squash, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup each julienned green and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute turkey and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 10-12 minutes or until turkey juices run clear. Add vegetable; cook until crisp-tender; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add flour, seasoning blend and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and heat through.
- 3. Pour over turkey and vegetables; stir until well mixed. Place pasta in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Pour turkey mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 199 calories, 6g fat (0g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Garden Medley
"Great recipe . . . and the meal is lower in salt. Thanks so much for sharing as it was a huge hit with everyone.L. Sylvia"