- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 small yellow squash, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup each julienned green and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute turkey and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 10-12 minutes or until turkey juices run clear. Add vegetable; cook until crisp-tender; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add flour, seasoning blend and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and heat through.
- Pour over turkey and vegetables; stir until well mixed. Place pasta in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Pour turkey mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Garden Medley in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p154
Reviews for Turkey Garden Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2011
"Great recipe . . . and the meal is lower in salt. Thanks so much for sharing as it was a huge hit with everyone.L. Sylvia"