This salad is a great way to use leftover turkey. The fruit makes it refreshing, and the apples and toasted nuts give it a nice crunch. Just serve it with rolls or breadsticks to make a lovely lunch. -Mary Anne Mayberry, Fairmont, Minnesota
Featured In: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled apple
- 1 cup grape halves
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey and ginger. Stir in the turkey, oranges, apple, grapes and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with pecans just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Fruit Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2011
"This is a favorite of my family! It is a great way to use up green grapes, too!"