Turkey Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 honeydew half, seeded, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-in. cubes
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-in. cubes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, oil and soy sauce. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread turkey and fruits. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 kabob equals 330 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.