Turkey Fruit Kabobs for Two
This is a citrusy treat for the grill; it's very easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. And best? It's a very healthy kabob for your summer picnics and family get-togethers.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 honeydew cubes (1-1/2-inches)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, oil and soy sauce.
- Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the
- turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover
- and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread turkey and fruits. Using long-handled tongs,
- moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 6-8 minutes or until turkey juices run clear, basting frequently
- with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob equals 294 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.