“This is a citrusy treat for the grill; it's very easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. And best? It's a very healthy kabob for your summer picnics and family get-togethers.” —Edie DeSpain of West Logan, Utah
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 honeydew half, seeded, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-in. cubes
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-in. cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, oil and soy sauce. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread turkey and fruits. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Fruit Kabobs in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p32
Reviews for Turkey Fruit Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review