Turkey Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine turkey and soy sauce; cover and refrigerate. In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir the egg over medium heat until completely set. Remove and set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in oil until tender. Add rice and turkey; cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Add lettuce and reserved egg; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 367 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 994mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Turkey Fried Rice
"I agree with Lorna. The brown rice works well in this dish and it's a really great way to use leftgover turkey."