Turkey Florentine Sandwiches
Upgrade a lunchtime classic into a dinnertime feast with a few fancy yet simple tweaks. —Karel Reynolds, Rutherfordton, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sliced deli turkey breast
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Cooking spray
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add
- spinach and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Layer the spinach mixture, turkey and cheese on two bread slices; top
- with remaining bread. Spritz outsides of sandwiches with cooking
- spray. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 4-5 minutes or
- until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 346 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.