For this main course, I tuck Swiss cheese and spinach into browned turkey slices, then tops them with store-bought spaghetti sauce before baking until they're heated through. I usually serve these roll-ups with pasta, a green salad and rolls.Lillian E. Butler, Stratford, Connecticut
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 slices uncooked turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 package (9 to 10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey in
- batches and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown turkey in oil
- over medium heat. Remove from the skillet.
- Place half a cheese slice and 2 tablespoons spinach down the center
- of each turkey slice. Fold turkey over filling; secure with
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti
- sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or turkey
- juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 480 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,409 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 43 g protein.