Turkey Fajitas Recipe
- 1 pound boneless turkey breast tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute turkey in oil for 2 minutes. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, salt, cumin, pepper and cayenne. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; cook 1 minute longer. Serve in tortillas. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 369 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Turkey Fajitas
"Really flavorful. I think the family thought they were chicken and not turkey. I only used about 2 peppers, which was plenty. I cut the onions thin as recommended but I think a bit of thicker onion would have been better. (The thin ones practically became non-existent.)"