Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2-1/2 cups cooked cubed turkey
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion and 2 tablespoons green chilies in 1 tablespoon butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat. Add the taco sauce, 1/4 cup sour cream and chili powder. Stir in turkey and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 2. Divide the mixture evenly among tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Stir in the remaining sour cream and remaining peppers.
- 4. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese, then tomatoes over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 383 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Enchiladas
"This is an awesome recipe for turkey. I have substituted salsa for taco sauce....turns out great!"