Turkey Enchiladas with Creamy Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in the turkey, 1/2 cup of cheese and chilies; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sour cream, soup, coriander and cumin. cook and stir over low heat until warm; stir 1/2 cup into the turkey mixture.
- 2. Spoon about 1/3 cup turkey filling down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture down center of tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 474 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 876mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Enchiladas with Creamy Sauce
"Not only is this recipe great the way it is (which I make at least twice a month), I did something completely different with the turkey mixture. I poured it over a bed of homemade garlic mashed potatoes. With a side salad and some green beans, it made for an awesome meal! Try it, you'll LOVE it!"
"Substituted yogurt for sour cream and it was a HUGE success! Husband loved the recipe!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.