Turkey Enchiladas with Creamy Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in the turkey, 1/2 cup of cheese and chilies; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sour cream, soup, coriander and cumin. cook and stir over low heat until warm; stir 1/2 cup into the turkey mixture.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup turkey filling down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture down center of tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Turkey Enchiladas with Creamy Sauce(3)
Sort By :
This has been a favorite of my family for years great when your a bit tired of turkey after thanksgiving and christmas
Substituted yogurt for sour cream and it was a HUGE success! Husband loved the recipe!
This has been a family favorite for many years, but we prefer it with chicken. I either use leftover cooked cubed chicken or brown ground chicken for this. I also add considerably more coriander and cumin to suit our tastes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >