Turkey Enchiladas Verdes Recipe
- 32 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Sour cream and additional pickled jalapeno slices, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, fry tortillas in batches, using 1/3 cup oil, for 5 seconds on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the turkey, tomatoes, jalapenos, taco seasoning, cumin, oregano and basil; heat through.
- 3. Combine enchilada sauce and soup. Spread 1/2 cup mixture into each of two 13x9-in. baking dishes. Place 2 tablespoons turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes. Pour remaining sauce over the top.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and additional jalapenos if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
2 enchiladas (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 350 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 906 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer