Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe or green olives with pimientos
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place 1/2 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top each with 1 teaspoon enchilada sauce and 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Enchiladas(2)
Sort By :
My family LOVES this recipe, but I suggest using the broth to make the rice and not using cooked rice + broth as the recipe suggests. It turns out VERY watery if you do this. Also, I use black olives, not green olives as seen in the picture.
This is seriously one of the best enchilada recipes I've ever made! The green enchilada sauce makes this fabulous!!! I did add an extra tsp of cumin and some hot salt and pepper. My family ate it all and asked for more! Want to add that it does take longer than 40 minutes to prepare, but it is SO worth it!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >