Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
Here's a different way to serve an economical cut of meat. Simmer turkey thighs with tomato sauce, green chiles and seasonings until they're tender and flavorful. Then shred the turkey and serve it in tortillas with other fresh fixings. —Stella Schams, Tempe, Arizona
- 2 pounds turkey thighs or drumsticks
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or shredded lettuce
- Remove skin from turkey; place turkey in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, chilies, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and garlic powder; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until turkey is tender.
- Remove turkey; shred meat with a fork and return to the slow cooker. Heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Add toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Enchiladas in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p45
Reviews for Turkey Enchiladas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Turkey >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >