Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
I enjoy entering recipe contests almost as much as I enjoy cooking. This dish is my favorite non-traditional way to use leftover turkey. It's become one of my family's favorite dinners, too!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2-1/2 cups cooked cubed turkey
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- In a skillet, saute onion and 2 tablespoons green chilies in 1 tablespoon butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat. Add the taco sauce, 1/4 cup sour cream and chili powder. Stir in turkey and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Divide the mixture evenly among tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Stir in the remaining sour cream and remaining peppers.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese, then tomatoes over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Enchiladas in Country Woman January/February 1989, p29
Reviews for Turkey Enchiladas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >