- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Optional topings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, minced onion, garlic powder, pepper and salt; heat through.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. round microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, layer one tortilla, about 3/4 cup meat mixture and a scant 3 tablespoons cheese. Repeat layers three times. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Enchilada Stack
Sort By :
I love this recipe, it is so easy to make. As a variant to the original recipe, I spread fat free refried beans on the second and fourth tortilla in addition to the original ingredients. I also add about a teaspoon of chili powder to the ground turkey mixture, gives it a little extra "kick"!
I've made this recipe twice now as is and it was a hit with my guys. You could do a lot of additions and be creative by adding other ingredients such as chopped green chilies or diced peppers and onions, black olives, beans-either black or kidney, beef or shredded chicken or turkey instead of ground turkey, or even substitute the tomato sauce for enchilada sauce. The meat can be cooked in a microwave instead of a skillet for even more convenience and time saving.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >