Turkey Enchilada Stack Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Optional topings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, minced onion, garlic powder, pepper and salt; heat through.
- 2. In a 2-1/2-qt. round microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, layer one tortilla, about 3/4 cup meat mixture and a scant 3 tablespoons cheese. Repeat layers three times. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 404 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.