As a child, my husband was one of the pickiest kids around, but my mother-in-law could always get him to dig in to this enchilada dish. —Ashley Wolf, Alabaster, Alabama
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, minced onion, garlic powder, pepper and salt; heat through.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. round microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, layer one tortilla, about 3/4 cup meat mixture and a scant 3 tablespoons cheese. Repeat layers three times. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Enchilada Stack in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p76
Reviews for Turkey Enchilada Stack
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review