- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cream cheese and chili powder.
- Pour enchilada sauce in a shallow bowl. Dip tortillas in sauce to coat. Place two tortillas in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; spread with half of the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and freeze for up to 3 months or bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
- To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Enchilada Lasagna(10)
Sort By :
My husband wants it with corn tortillas next time. Also I didn't really stick to the meat guidelines. I like to mass cook hamburger meat so I just pulled out what I thought would be enough. I will definitely be adding more meat next time. I have big guys to feed. This was extremely easy to throw together though. Great for any night I am rushed with homework and kids.
Loved this recipe! I substituted lean ground beef sirloin for ground turkey and it tasted great. Very hearty and filling. I agree with another reviewer that you could not tell the cream cheese was fat-free.
This was a very good healthier option - very creamy, you couldn't even tell it was fat-free cream cheese! The only thing I might do different is half the recipe, as we were only cooking for two, but it still tasted good leftover.
Even my picky eater and his friend loved this one! I doubled everything and only had a few slices left.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >