- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cream cheese and chili powder.
- Pour enchilada sauce in a shallow bowl. Dip tortillas in sauce to coat. Place two tortillas in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; spread with half of the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Enchilada Lasagna
Sort By :
We made this one with ground pork instead of turkey and used white corn tortillas. It was amazing. It is simple and oh so good.
My husband wants it with corn tortillas next time. Also I didn't really stick to the meat guidelines. I like to mass cook hamburger meat so I just pulled out what I thought would be enough. I will definitely be adding more meat next time. I have big guys to feed. This was extremely easy to throw together though. Great for any night I am rushed with homework and kids.
Loved this recipe! I substituted lean ground beef sirloin for ground turkey and it tasted great. Very hearty and filling. I agree with another reviewer that you could not tell the cream cheese was fat-free.
This was a very good healthier option - very creamy, you couldn't even tell it was fat-free cream cheese! The only thing I might do different is half the recipe, as we were only cooking for two, but it still tasted good leftover.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >