The whole family will love the familiar Southwestern flavors in this tasty dish. —Julie Cackler, Des Moines, Iowa
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion and peppers over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Stir in cream cheese and chili powder.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a shallow bowl. Dip tortillas in sauce to coat. Place two tortillas in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; spread with half of the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with salsa and sour cream.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake lasagna as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Enchilada Lasagna in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p48
Reviews for Turkey Enchilada Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review