Every time I make this for guests, I end up sharing my recipe!—Debra Martin of Belleville, Michigan
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder and ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in beans, salsa, tomato sauce, tomatoes, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with six tortillas. Spread with half the remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Layer with remaining tortillas and meat sauce.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Enchilada Casserole in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p37
Reviews for Turkey Enchilada Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review