Turkey Egg Rolls
Coleslaw mix hurries along the preparation of these deep-fried egg rolls served with sweet-and-sour sauce. "These elegant appetizers are as easy to make as they are to eat," assures Lucille Gendron of Pelham, New Hampshire.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the coleslaw mix, soy sauce, ginger, onion salt
- and garlic powder. Place 1/4 cup in the center of each egg roll
- wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center.
- Moisten remaining corner of wrapper with water; roll up tightly to
- seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- egg rolls, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown,
- turning often. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour
- sauce. Yield: 10 egg rolls.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or