Turkey Dumpling Stew Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- Cook turkey in the drippings until no longer pink. Add the carrots, 1-3/4 cups of water, broth, onions, celery, rosemary and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Stir in the salt, pepper and reserved bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop batter in six mounds onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Dumpling Stew(5)
Sort By :
This recipe is very tasty. I added frozen peas and corn just before finishing cooking carrots.
very good, used drums and wings to make broth, a bit more bacon grease than suggested. sprigs of fresh rosemary and tyme and gluten free flour and mix.
Excellent flavor and easy. I use the jars of real bacon and then use non-stick spray to saute the turkey.
It is healthy if you use the reduce sodium bacon. I think this is a keeper! Negetive comments should be kept to oneself. Nice people don't do that.
This is not a healthy recipe when it contains bacon
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Stew Recipes >
- Turkey Breasts >
- Turkey Dinner Recipes >