Turkey Drumstick Dinner Recipe
- 4 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, quartered and cooked
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, brown drumsticks in batches in oil and butter over medium heat; remove from pan. Add tomatoes, onion, bouillon and seasonings; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Return turkey to pan, turning to coat with sauce.
- 2. Cover and bake in oven 2 hours, basting with cooking liquid once or twice. Add potatoes and zucchini. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes or until turkey and zucchini are tender. Remove drumsticks and vegetables to a serving dish and keep warm.
- 3. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over drumsticks and vegetables. Top with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 887 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 1684mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 9g fiber), 67g protein
Reviews for Turkey Drumstick Dinner
"This is delicious! My kids and I all loved it. It was easy to fix and the drumsticks (I used chicken instead of turkey) came out very tender and flavorful."