Turkey Dressing Pie Recipe
People tell me this pie is almost better than the original dinner! I fix turkey all year long, and I purposely make too much just so we can have this later on. It's a complete meal in itself. My sister and I took turns cooking when we were in high school...my husband and I have four grown sons...and I used to cook for pheasant hunters we took in. So I've had lots of practice!
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups leftover cooked turkey dressing
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups diced leftover cooked turkey
- 1 cup leftover turkey gravy
- 1 cup peas, optional
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 slices process American cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine dressing, broth, butter and egg. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. pie plate; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in turkey, gravy, peas if desired, parsley, pimientos, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; heat through. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden. If desired, arrange cheese slices on top; bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Dressing Pie in Country Woman September/October 1993, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Dressing Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Turkey Dinner Recipes >
- Turkey Dinners >
- Turkey Dressing >